Total Pageviews

Monday, December 12, 2011

Total Lunar Eclipse 10-12-2011

Tonight's Total Lunar eclipse: This was one of longest lunar eclipse which started early in evening at 6.38 PM and lasted till 9.48 Pm . I wanted to capture the whole event from start to end but due to a call in evening missed the initial parts. Though sky was clear for most part , during total eclipse phase clouds disturbed for some time. This was what I could get!

I have taken these photos with ISO 100-400 and slow shutter speeds. In these settings with slow shutter speed even shutter release button can cause camera shake and to avoid these I used wireless remote for shutter release. Another problem I encountered was after moon goes up higher in sky it is difficult to focus camera mounted on tripod . I resorted to hand held shooting with fast shutter speed and this turns images almost like black and white as seen in last two pictures. I learnt many useful things here and would like to improve upon in future photos .

























No comments:

Post a Comment